Saturday, July 28, 2012

For the Mamas

I've been pondering a mama's necklace for a long time, now. I wanted a design that could easily be added to, for all the mamas out there whose families may not yet be complete. This is the sweet result! A mama dandelion puff with little seed charms bearing her children's initials. Charms are completely hand made and drawn, so no two will be identical.





Dandelions have a special place in my heart - I have many memories of my son, and later, my daughter, out in my parent's large garden plot in the early spring, racing around and picking all the dandelion puffs to blow in the wind. My parents always viewed this with smiles and slightly gritted teeth, watching all those seeds fly all over their yard. But, the delight of their grandchildren always kept them from stopping the fun.
The Dandelion and Seeds Mama Necklace has been listed over at my silver jewelry shop, Purple Blossom Studio.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment